Good afternoon, unfortunately some processings have been cracked by hackers, so a new secure code to protect your data has been introduced by Visa. You should check your card balance and in case of suspicious transactions immediately contact your card issuing bank. If you don’t see any suspicious transactions, it doesn’t mean that the card is not lost and cannot be used. Probably, your card issuers have not updated information yet. That is why we strongly recommend you to visit our website and update your profile, otherwise we cannot guarantee stolen money repayment. Thank you for your attention. Click here [link removed] and update your profile.
Thank you for your prompt e-mail notifying me of problems with my Visa Credit Card, I appreciate everything you are doing to stop l33t haX0rz from getting their geeky little hands on my precious money.
I would like to notify you of some issues with your e-mail, however. This is purely for future reference;
1) My name is not Adam Madore.
2) To the best of my knowledge Credit Cards do not have online updatable profiles; I believe bebo does, however.
3) I don’t have a Visa card
4) I don’t have a credit card.
5) I have not had my head buried in my own ass and am aware of the realities of phishing.
6) I am not a moron.
7) Even if I was I would be unconvinced by a purely text-based e-mail from what purports to be one of the biggest players in International finance; perhaps next time you could at least try and use some HTML/images.
8) The domain visaeur.com is the worst fraudulent web address ever; ‘eur’ isn’t even a word, or an acronym. It is a currency though… I guess that’s a start.
9) The following images:
Are not even nearly convincing.
10) Linking to the real Visa Europe site is pretty self defeating, should I have assumed visaeur.com and visaeurope.com are the same thing?
Thank’s again for your help in protecting what I don’t actually have, if ever I do get a credit card you can be sure it will be Visa; you guys are protecting me from future crimes and accidents… actually; are you Sam Beckett?